Ingredients (serves 2)
2 salmon fillets
225g sweet potato
2 spring onions
1 tbsp parsley
1 teasp whole grain mustard
2 tbsp ground almonds
1 handful of kale
Salt and pepper
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Cube and boil potato for 10/15 mins or until soft.
- Cook salmon fillets in the oven for 10/12 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop Spring onions and parsley and place in a mixing bowl.
- Once the potatoes are done drain, place in the mixing bowl and mash.
- Remove skin from cooked salmon and flake into potato mixture.
- Add the mustard and also half of the beaten egg (only use the other half of the mixture isn’t combined enough) and season with salt and pepper.
- Split the mixture into four and form into even sides patties.
- Roll each patty in the ground almonds (if you don’t have coconut flour you don’t have to do this however it does give it a nice crispy finish) then fry for a minute or two on each side in a frying pan with some coconut oil to brown off.
- Steam the kale for 10 minutes until soft and serve with the fishcakes. This also works with any other green vegetables.
Clemmie Macpherson is a food & yoga lover and is currently training to be a nutritional therapist.