Ingredients (serves 2)
2 cod fillets
2 handfuls of kale (or other veg)
2 tbsp ground almonds
2 tbsp buckwheat
Zest of 1 lemon
1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. Wash potatoes and slice into wedges leaving skins on. Spread out on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with rosemary, salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 30/40 mins turning once or twice so they cook evenly.
2. Crack egg into a shallow bowl and whisk. Place the ground almonds in another bowl. Place the buckwheat, lemon zest, garlic, salt and pepper into a mini food processor and whizz until it forms a flour, then tip into another shallow bowl.
3. Take each fillet and dunk it in the beaten egg, then roll it in the ground almonds then finally the buckwheat mix.
4. Place some coconut oil in a frying pan and bring up to a medium heat. Fry off the two cod fillets, approximately 2/3 mins on each side or until browned on the outside and cooked in the middle.
5. Whilst cooking steam the kale or vegetables until softened.
6. Serve the cod, potato wedges and vegetables with a slice on lemon.
Clemmie Macpherson is a food & yoga lover and is currently training to be a nutritional therapist.